To be a leader others want to follow, managers need to set clear and attainable goals, provide the matching leadership style, and give appropriate feedback. The goal of a Situational Leader is to help others develop competence, motivation, and confidence. Situational Leadership® II (SLII®) boosts the effectiveness, impact, and dedication of leaders and teaches them to behave in alignment with their good intentions and with what their people need.
Situational Leadership® II teaches the three essential skills of an effective leader:
- Goal setting – this is the starting point of a situational leader, creating alignment on what needs to be done and by when
- Diagnosing – assessing the team member’s development level based on their competence and commitment on a specific goal or task
- Matching – providing the leadership style that delivers the appropriate amount of direction and support based on the person’s development level.
What makes SLII® your first choice for leadership training?
The Situational Leadership® II model is an easy-to-understand, easy-to-remember, practical framework that helps your managers diagnose the needs of their people and then provide the appropriate leadership style to meet their needs.
It’s a proven, time-tested method for improving the quality and quantity of conversations to drive performance and productivity.
Your managers learn the four stages of development, from enthusiastic beginner (D1) to self-reliant achiever (D4), and how to apply the appropriate directive and supportive behaviors, from directing (S1) to delegating (S4), to match the development needs of their people.
Leveraging all the theory and design that has made Situational Leadership® II the world’s most taught leadership training model for more than 35 years, our new learning design, The SLII Experience™, uses game-changing techniques that immerse learners in SLII quickly, deeply, and effectively.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to…
- Diagnose the development levels of employees and choose the appropriate leadership style
- Create a communication model for all levels of the organization to support cultural change and move toward a high-performance organization
- Become a flexible leader who is highly skilled at goal setting, coaching, performance evaluation, active listening, feedback, and proactive problem solving
- Increase individual and organizational accountability by linking goals and planned intentions to an action plan
- Learn a new language of leadership to partner for maximum productivity and morale.
- Any individual in a leadership role who wants to increase their effectiveness
- Executives and senior-level management
- Mid-level management
- New managers or supervisors
For more information about Blanchard® Leadership or to customize this training for your organization, contact us here or by phone at (531) 622-4771.