To be a leader others want to follow, managers need to set clear and attainable goals, provide the matching leadership style, and give appropriate feedback. The goal of a Situational Leader is to help others develop competence, motivation, and confidence. Situational Leadership® II (SLII®) boosts the effectiveness, impact, and dedication of leaders and teaches them to behave in alignment with their good intentions and with what their people need.
Implement First-time Manager in your organization as a 6-hour hands-on workshop. The workshop includes pre-workshop activities, engaging participant materials, videos, and learning activities that teach participants the following key concepts:
- Manager Mindset – learn the mindset required for a successful transition from individual contributor to manager
- Four Conversations Model – learn a highly effective framework for understanding the conversations needed to manage people and performance
- Goal Setting
- Wrapping Up
- Four Essential Skills – learn how to have purposeful conversations that create positive, productive relationships
- Listen to Learn
- Inquire for Insight
- Tell the Truth
- Express Confidence
After the workshop, participants have access to the First-time Manager Challenge, which guides them through a set of tasks to practice new skills back on the job. They also have access to workshop videos and worksheets through the learner portal for a full year.
Why take this workshop?
60% of First-time Managers FAIL. We will help your new managers navigate a new skill set and reach their full potential sooner.
There are over 2 million people being promoted into management roles each year, and the transition from successful employee to successful manager is a difficult one, requiring a completely different skill set. Our First-time Manager training program sets your new managers up for success by providing them with the training and skills needed to make a smooth transition.
When your first-time managers have the skills they need to step into their new role, they’ll be more centered and their team will be more engaged and productive from the start. Don’t let your managers burn out by leaving them to navigate their new role on their own.
- First-time and established managers, and those considering a transition into management
- New managers wanting to increase their leadership effectiveness
- Mid-level management
- Mid-level or new managers or supervisors
For more information about Blanchard® Leadership or to customize this training for your organization, contact us here or by phone at (531) 622-4771.