In this part-time professional learning program, participants will engage in hands-on project-based learning activities that will prepare them for three global certifications from one of the leading 2D, 3D, VR applications in the world – Unity! The framework to learning Unity starts with gaining basic skills, applying those skills, to advancing to a certified Unity 3D Artist and Developer.
Entry to intermediate developers across all industries can validate their abilities and demonstrate their commitment to professional standards with the Unity 3D Professional Academy. With Unity professional certifications, you will be ready to improve your job performance and prospecting across many industries—from gaming to engineering to automotive and more.
Why take this program?
- Real-world business application for the jobs of today and the future
- Hands-on instruction and activities with a small class size
- Unity authorized curriculum leading to globally recognized credentials
- Unity Certified Instructors with real-world 3D design and development experience
- Affordable and convenient with evening courses paced over several months
This course provides a foundation for learners Unity and game development and prepares participants for the Unity Certified Associate exam. In this course, learners will complete applied project activities including:
- Build and customize 2D environments
- Build a 2D mobile game from the ground up
- Learn 3D project structure through creating and customizing a 3D environment
- Learn how to create high quality 3D interactions
Skill Competencies: Asset management, UI implementation, Navigation workflows, C# Programming basics, Basic Animation, Basic Materials & Effects, 2D & 3D Tool workflows, Lighting workflows, Physics workflows, Audio workflows, VR scenes & objects workflows
This professional level course builds upon the Unity Certified Associate, and provides learners with an intermediate skill set in Unity and 3D environment programming. Upon completion of the course participants will be and prepared for the Unity Certified Professional Programmer exam. In this course, learners will complete applied project activities including:
- Analyze diagnostic data and apply optimization techniques
- Design and develop mobile VR handheld AR applications
- Learn optimization techniques, ergonomics, physics and audio for VR
- Learn about features and workflows in Unity and fix common errors when migrating projects
Skill Competencies: Programming interactions, Programming for design, PiXYZ workflow, Software Development workflows, Optimization workflows, Working in the Art Pipeline, Developing Application Systems
This professional level course builds upon the Unity Certified Associate and Unity Certified Professional Programmer, and provides learners with an intermediate skill set in Unity and 3D environment design and creation. Upon completion of the course participants will be and prepared for the Unity Certified Professional Artist exam. In this course, learners will complete applied project activities including:
- Learn ways to optimize artistic workflows by creating content and iterating using Unity Editor
- Learn to import CAD Models with PiXYZ
- Develop a basic VR game and learn game development process
- Create beautiful 3D models and renderings
- Develop a real-time 3D application using stunning visuals
Skill Competencies: Character development, Animation workflows, Prototyping workflows, Particle & effects workflows, Physics Workflows, Optimization workflows, 3D Rendering workflows, Rigging Fundamentals, Lighting workflows, DCC workflows, Designing for VR UI/UX, Software Development basics
|Sample job title examples for program completers:|
All applications will be reviewed within 15 days of the application deadline. Applicants are notified of admission status by email via the email address in the Application Form. Applicants are responsible for notifying MCC staff if contact information changes during admissions process. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years or older to apply. Accepted participants must pay in full Application information and guidelines are subject to change without notice. Program admits a maximum of 10 applicants each submission period. Submission of application does not guarantee acceptance in the program. If an applicant is not accepted for any reason, individual can submit application for future offerings.
Candidates are accepted into the program based upon the follow selection criteria:
- Date MCC receives a signed application document before application deadline
- Ability to attend required class sessions
- Meets education and work experience background to be successful, which is determined by committee review from information gathered in the program application.
- Step 1: Submit an application here.
- Step 2: If you receive an acceptance notification from MCC, confirm your acceptance through registration by calling MCC at 531-622-2400 or online by the registration and payment deadline listed on this page. Applications are reviewed by committee and could take up to 30 days for notification of acceptance.
- Step 3: Prepare to start class in February 2020.
|Application Deadline||January 15th, 2020|
|Admitted Applicants Final Notification Date||January 20th, 2020|
|Registration and Payment Deadline||January 27th, 2020|
|Program Begins||February 4th, 2020|
|Maximum Number of Accepted Applicants||10|
Date, Time, and Location:
- February 4th - June 18th, 2020
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6 - 9 p.m.
- MCC Fort Omaha Campus, Building 24
- Tuition: $3,995 + Fees
- eBook Fee: $670 - includes 3 eBooks and Unity Certified Associate courseware
- Exam Fee: $210
- 1-2 years minimum education or experience in programming
- Proficiency in C# is strongly suggested
For more information about Unity courses or to customize this training for your organization, contact us here. or by phone at (531) 622-4771.